If you like your salmon a little bit sweet, with a little heat, some savory flavors, moist, and juicy, this recipe is for you. While this recipe is for salmon filets, it works equally well with other fish.
Filleted salmon, preferably at least 1/2 inch thick, with or without skin
Tar River Seasonings Central North Carolina Seasoning
Mild fruit vinegar (optional)
1. Position a rack in your oven approximately 3-4 inches from the top.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Line a shallow baking pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
4. Cut the salmon into serving size portions and arrange in baking pan.
5. Shake a liberal amount of our seasoning on the salmon.
6. Bake the salmon for approximately 10 minutes, until it is almost done.
You may need to adjust the cooking time for different thicknesses.
7. Lightly broil the salmon for a few minutes to caramelize the the seasoning,
being very careful not to burn the fish.
8. Allow the fish to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
9. For a nice touch, top with a mild fruit vinegar, just before serving.