12-18 Chicken Wing Segments
½ cup (divided) Tar River Central NC BBQ Seasoning, Rub, & Sauce Mix
Vegetable or peanut oil for deep frying
- Trim fat and excess skin off wing segments.
- Place the wing segments in a 1-gallon plastic bag.
- Add ¼ cup Tar River Central NC BBQ Rub, Seasoning, & Sauce Mix to the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat the wing segments with the seasonings.
- Squeeze out any air in the plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the frying oil to 350 degrees F.
- To reduce frying time, transfer the wing segments to a microwave safe dish and microwave on High for two minutes.
- Deep fry the wing segments in batches of 6 or less for about two minutes or until the internal temperature of the wing segments reaches 165 degrees F.
- Drain wing segments over paper towels.
- Sprinkle additional seasoning on each batch of wing segments immediately after placing them of the paper towels.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 until all wing segments have been cooked.