For juicy meat, loaded with flavor – Also works well with chicken, goose, duck, and pork
4-18 pounds poultry, fully thawed
Tar River Seasonings Central North Carolina Seasoning
- Using the table below as a guide, dissolve the appropriate amount of seasoning in hot water and dilute it with ice water.
- Place the poultry in a plastic bag just large enough to hold it.
- Fill the bag with the brine, squeeze out the air, and tightly close the bag (Reynold’s Oven Bags work great for this).
- Store in a refrigerator or ice chest for at least 12, but not more than 24 hours.
- Discard the brine, pat the meat dry with paper towels, cook using your preferred method (if frying, rinse the poultry before patting dry).